Almost finished with your Bachelor’s or Master’s program? Congrats! Just one more thing to get out of the way: your dissertation. But….. where should you start? What should you study? What should you even ‘do’? Indeed, for many students a thesis is a (very scary!) black box. Likely, some of the following questions have also gone through your mind:
How do I chose a ‘good’ topic?
How do I study this topic in a relevant way?
How do I make sure I collect the right literature?
How should I formulate my research question?
How should I design a hypothesis?
How should I structure my thesis?
What exactly should I discuss in each part of my thesis? And what should I not discuss?
Which research method should I pick? Statistical analysis?Literature Study? Interviews?
How should I deal with my supervisor?
…..and so forth!
ThesisCore is a 4-step online program which guides you along this entire journey – start to finish! From choosing a correct topic and a relevant research strategy, to writing each part of your document: this course will ensure you hand in a high-quality Bachelor’s or Master’s dissertation that will allow you to graduate university! And yes, using ThesisCore may also positively affect your grade!
ThesisCore breaks up your dissertation in 4 steps. These steps serve as milestones: after completing a step a major part of your thesis is finished. Each step takes about 1 week to complete: that means you can finish your Bachelor’s or Master’s thesis in just 4 weeks!
Questions and answers
Who can use ThesisCore?
Answer: ThesisCore has been primarly designed for Bachelor of Science and Master of Science students from the Social and Life sciences. For example: Business, Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, Public Administration, Biology, or Medical Science. Enrolled in a different program? Check whether you can use ThesisCore:
Which type of thesis can I write using ThesisCore?
Answer: ThesisCore can be used for virtually any type of research, regardless of the topic that you want to study. Some examples:
How come this course can be used by different academic disciplines?
Answer: ThesisCore is developed for students graduating from academic disciplines that use the scientific method. The scientific method is a way of ‘generating knowledge from research’, used in the majority of academic disciplines.
Roughly speaking, disciplines that use this method (A) form an idea about ‘the world’, (B) then look at ‘the world’, and (C) test whether the idea about ‘the world’ corresponds with what can be seen in ‘the world’. But it really doesn’t matter whether you’re interested in an idea from Economics (e.g. unemployment), Psychology (e.g. alcoholism), Sociology (e.g. social isolation) or Political science (e.g. voting choice), and so forth: the scientific method works the same for all these disciplines. That’s why ThesisCore can be used by so many students!
What is the difference between a Bachelor’s and Master’s thesis?
Answer: There are 3 major differences between a Bachelor’s and Master’s dissertation, which I explain in the following post:
Are sample lessons available?
Answer: Yes, you can access the following lessons before purchasing the online program. Also be sure to check out the Thesis Tips section on the website, to get a feeling of how ThesisCore may help you with your thesis.
Is ThesisCore a subscription service?
Answer: No, ThesisCore can be accessed after a one-time payment. No recurring fees, no subscriptions!
How exactly does ThesisCore help me write my thesis?
Answer: ThesisCore breaks down your thesis in sections, such as your Introduction or Conclusion section. Each of these sections is then further divided into multiple paragraphs, which then are discussed separately in a lesson. At the end of a lesson a small writing task is included. Usually these writing tasks are short questions that you need to answer, and that will help you structure the sentences in each of your paragraphs. That’s how ThesisCore helps you write your thesis: paragraph by paragraph!
The following two lessons will give you a good idea of what these writing tasks look like:
Do ThesisCore students score higher grades?
Answer: Yes, students that use ThesisCore in general have higher grades than other students. This is because:
- ThesisCore students do more relevant research. A sure way to get a low grade? Hand in a thesis about a topic that has been studied to death… Research relevance is perhaps the most important determinant of your grade. Are you sure that your research idea is relevant? With ThesisCore, you will be certain that it is!
- ThesisCore students hand in higher quality materials. There are many things that can go wrong when writing a thesis. ThesisCore prevents you from making obvious mistakes, and shows you the best ways to structure your document, paragraphs and sentences.
- ThesisCore students work more independently. Independence is a strong contributor to a higher grade. Because the online course offers you the same guidance as a traditional supervisor would, you will work more independently and your grade will be higher.
- ThesisCore students ask better questions to their supervisor. And that’s not just because your thesis will be of higher quality: ThesisCore also includes lessons that detail the most effective ways to work with your supervisor. When should you hand in materials? How many times should you ask for feedback or face-to-face meetings? How can you impress your supervisor? – Information that will certainly help you to get a higher grade!
Can I really my thesis finish in 4 weeks?
Answer: Yes, however this will of course depend on:
- How much time you are able to invest. Four weeks is certainly feasible if you can work on your dissertation full-time, but you may need a couple of extra weeks if you are also following courses or studying for exams.
- The complexity of your research. For example, if you would like to interview people then you also have to factor in other people’s schedules. If you want to administer a survey, you also have take into account that it takes time for your participants to respond.
Does ThesisCore help me with doing statistical analysis?
Answer: Yes, ThesisCore includes instructions on doing statistical analyses using the software packages R, Stata and SPSS. Furthermore, the course offers practical research-tips such as “How many observations should I include in my study?”, or “Which statistical model should I use”, and includes references to research papers that clearly demonstrate each of the analyses. Of course, similar information is also included for students that would like to write a qualitative study (for example, how to design interview questions) or a literature study (for example, how to determine which papers to include and which to disregard).
Can I write my dissertation in my native language using ThesisCore?
Answer: Yes, you can write your thesis in any language that you want. This online course is written in English, however, because most of the discussed academic materials (examples from the literature, scientific definitions, etc.) are also written in English.
Have to write your thesis in English? And English is not your first language? Scared that your English is not good enough? No worries! In this case, ThesisCore can be of even greater help: because all of the written examples provided in the course (e.g. how to write your Introduction, how to write your Theoretical Framework, etc.) are written in English! Simply follow the examples, adapt them to your topic and research, and you’re all set!
I cannot select a payment method at check-out?
Answer: If you are using a VPN to access ThesisCore.com then first try to disable it – you can enable it again after you have finished your purchase. Still cannot complete your order? Then this likely means that ThesisCore is not available for purchase in your region.